Two Westwood Nursing Homes will be reopened for business next week after more than a month in lockdown, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Nursing said.
The nursing homes have been under strict lockdown since September 10.
The state Department said last week that more than 80 patients had been discharged from the nursing homes, but the department could not confirm if they were actually discharged.
Nursing home spokeswoman Anna Trencio said the two nursing homes would reopen at about 3pm local time.
“We will be open for business, and we will be fully staffed, we have a lot of nurses,” she said.
“It’s going to be really exciting for people who want to come to the nursing home.”‘
We are not in the business of locking people down’The nursing home was in lockdown for more than two weeks after authorities discovered an unexploded unexploded ordnance in one of its nursing homes.
They said they were in discussions with the state to resume normal operations, but they would not disclose the terms of the deal until the talks were concluded.
“At this time, we are not the business, nor do we have the right to enter into contracts with other facilities to allow patients and their families to continue to reside in the Westwood community,” Trencsio said.
Westwood is a suburb of Melbourne and home to about 300 residents.